Nov 21, 2007

He That Overcomes

Danny McDowell

NT:
nikao (nik-ah'-o); from NT:3529; to subdue (literally or figuratively):
KJV - conquer, overcome, prevail, get the victory.

1 John 5:4-6
4 For whatsoever is born of God
overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?


Rev 2:7-8

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.


Rev 2:11-12

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:17-18

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.


Rev 2:26-27

26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:


Rev 3:5-6

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.


Rev 3:12-13

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

KJV


Rev 3:21-4:1

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.


Rev 21:7-9

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.


HE THAT ENDURES

NT:5278

hupomeno (hoop-om-en'-o); from NT:5259 and NT:3306; to stay under (behind), i.e. remain; figuratively, to undergo, i.e. bear (trials), have fortitude, persevere:

KJV - abide, endure, (take) patient (-ly), suffer, tarry behind.


Matt 10:22-23

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.


Matt 24:13-15

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.


Mark 13:13-14

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

No comments: