Jan 30, 2008

An Introduction

Danny McDowell

My name is
Dan McDowell. I have been interested in Bible prophecy since I was a young believer almost 30 years ago when I read "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsay. I was fascinated and hooked on the subject. I read everything I could get my hands on. Then I made a terrible mistake.

I began to reference the books I read against another book - The Bible. I became frustrated so I developed a method of tolerance to enable myself to continue to feed my appetite for Bible Prophecy. I developed a "Danger List" of verses in the Bible that had caused me to become confused. My list began with Matthew 24 and Mark 13. Next on the list was II Thessalonians 2. Then came "THE BOOK OF REVELATION." I could hear deafening alarms go off in my head and the voice as a Trumpet shouting "STAY AWAY FROM THE BOOK & NOW!" So I got out quick and went back to safer ground.

* Hal Lindsay
* Dave Hunt
* Grant Jefferies
* Jack Van Impe
* And Others

Things were more peaceful there. It all seemed to make sense as long as I avoided that "Other Book." From time to time I seemed to be drawn to the "Other Book" so I would muster the strength to GO IN. After a short time in "THE BOOK," I scrambled out of there looking, and feeling like I had tangled with a pack of rabid junk yard dogs and would lick my wounds and return to the safety of Hal Lindsay, for he only was worthy.

I developed another mechanism for living with my fascination with Prophecy. I called it the "I'm too stupid to research this stuff for myself" mechanism. I could leave this stuff for those who truly understand. This was quite comfortable indeed and yet TEMPTATION was always at hand. The Book, THE BOOK, it was always THE BOOK, black and foreboding. Confusion and frustration was therein. Problems, problems for more than 25 years. Then came Marvin. Marvin Rosenthal and "The Pre-Wrath Rapture" and Gene Bacon "Rapture, Truth or Consequences" and others.

"Halleluiah," I can open THE BOOK now, no sirens or whistles, no trumpet voices, "and he shall send his angels to gather his elect from Heaven and Earth." "That's it", "That's it", It's in the Book. It's all there. I turned the table. Now I began to use THE BOOK as the authority and to weigh Hal and his friends against THE BOOK - THE BIBLE - THE WORD OF GOD - THE LOGOS and pieces came into place as the key pieces were discovered in THE BIBLE.

This began a 2-year study that has been profound, enlightening and exciting at times (especially in light of events happening in the world today). I purchased air time at a local AM radio station and began to proclaim the Word of prophecy. The book of Revelation became a joy and a road map into the future. I spent many hours pouring over that most foreboding work - The Old Testament.

Everything Fits..
when you use the scripture to define Truth. Matthew 24 and Mark 13 is the "hub" of bible prophecy. The words of Jesus are the key to unlocking the future. It all works now. Now I can open "THE BOOK." I hope you will do the same.

Revelation 20:5B
THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION

WARNING
If you are weak kneed and Mamby Pamby about identifying false doctrine, paganism, and apostasy in evangelical Christianity, then THIS SITE IS NOT FOR YOU! Look to others who are willing to dance around the truth. I'm tired of dancing!

Buckle up. Here we go!

2 comments:

Alan E. Kurschner said...

Danny, Excellent.

Alan
www.prewrathrapture.com

Unknown said...

I love you dad. give me a call, your daughter dana.
562 350 4384. 503 sunser dr. mt airy nc 27030. i am moving into my new apt on the 4th and i wanted to chat. hope lynette is well and the kids. niki is fine and her kids are fine.